Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I'm feeling hot, hot, hot...

Lordy, its so fricken hot up here on the Byron Coast. I am enjoying the way the heat forces you to chill out and relax .. you simply don't have the energy to get all stressed out about anything. Have been for fantastic nature walks through the rainforest and along the beach and up the mountains. Today I'm thinking I could easily leave the city and live in the country, but need the moolah to do it, to live the dream. Right now am perspiring at the keyboard, so this will be a short post.

Xmas was uneventful and for NYE I got a headcold, but didn't feel the need to celebrate while so many people had suffered and died in the tsunami. I didn't see the point of partying it up at all this year, and not in a morose depressive way, I just needed a quiet one this year. The magnitude of it all is still sinking in for me as it is for a lot of people. I don't feel separate from these world events anymore, its almost the same as if the disaster is happening to my neighbors. They don't seem that different from me or my friends. I am feeling the sadness and loss reverberate through the mass consciousness. We are all just fleas on the same dog and a whole bunch of us just drowned. Fuck it, I can't be separate from this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home