Monday, January 24, 2005

Hitting the Hornet's Nest with a Big Stick

And now for some current affairs ... I lived in the US for over 4 years, so I watch from the other side of the pond at the goings-on over there. The other day, in the US president’s inaugeration speech he said:

"We are led, by events and common sense, to one conclusion: The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands. The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom in all the world… and one day this untamed fire of freedom will reach the darkest corners of our world."

This speech reminded of some really bad relationships that I’d been in and how they started. I remembered that somewhere in the beginning, some little comment slipped out, some little clue as to the real person and his intentions. Something like, "Gee, I really like speed, its my favorite drug." Somewhere in amongst the heady fever of new romance he would say something a bit, wrong, but I usually let these slip by because, hey, well, love is blind and a wee bit deaf as well. In the beginning, in some small way, they would tell you the ugly truth about themselves, and you would just brush it off only to regret it later. But you would always remember, gee, yeah, I remember he’d told me he really loved his drugs… or "I like to eat puppies for dinner", or "I voted for Howard" or something like that.

So anyway, back to Georgey W. ... if you have a good read between the old lines, I think what he’s trying to say here is (sinister laughter mawahahahahaha!!) he is hell-bent on good ol’ fashioned, down-home cookin’ World Domination (and we know from movies that that trick never really works). Go on read them again, the dude is aiming to rule the world. (Or am I stating the obvious here?).

Read it like this:

"We are led, by events and common sense, to one conclusion: The survival of LibertyTM in our land increasingly depends on the success of LibertyTM in other lands. The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of FreedomTM in all the world... and one day this untamed fire of FreedomTM will reach the darkest corners of our world."

He definitely means his kind of FreedomTM... with us or against us stylee. As I said before, I may be stating the bleedin' obvious, but here it is happening in front of us all, he's telling us what his plans are. Are we going to listen before its too late and we're all hooked in a seriously dysfunctional relationship with a domineering partriarchal dick-wad??

Anyhoo, not to fret. This whole US-world domination thing has gone so far out of karmic balance, that something’s got to happen to balance it all out again. Not that I’m a paranoidal doomsayer or anything, like that, I just believe that when something goes so far off the rails in a karmic way, the way all this has, it must have some kind of comeuppance, a balancing of sorts. George is like a little kid just whacking, whacking and whacking away at the hornet’s nest with a big stick. Those hornets have got to come swarming in one day. I guess that's the scary part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home