Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Film: Prairie Home Companion

PLOT: A look at what goes on backstage during the last broadcast of America's most celebrated radio show, where singing cowboys Dusty and Lefty, a country music siren (Streep), and a host of others hold court.

I'm balancing up my movie diet now after all the dark & weird shit I've been watching lately... time for some light-hearted feel-good fluff.. This movie was fun without being cheesy which for a Hollywood film is a serious achievement. I will see anything with Meryl Streep in it, she's a true legend - and directed by Robert Altman who is a bit of a ledg also. Has some great stuff about realising your own mortality and angels etc. My favorite part is the bit where the angel is discussing a joke with one of the main characters, she's saying that she laughed when she heard it, but that it's not really funny, it goes like this:
There were two penguins standing on a iceflow. One penguin says to the other:

"You know, it looks like you're wearing a tuxedo."

The other penguin says:

"How do you know I'm not?"
[That's it.]

I told it to my sister-in-law and she laughed alot. Very Zen it is, almost like a koan, a riddle.

See this movie if you want a nice break from weird intense films. xxx

PS... they really shouldn't have put Lindsay Lohan in this film though, SHE SUCKS BIGTIME. She stuck out like a sore thumb as the only person who couldn't act, can someone give her more diet pills please so she has a heart-attack and leaves this plane of existance & moves onto another???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home