Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Itchy feet...

Ok... so here's the deal, I'm getting the itchiest feet, and no, its not tinea, I never get tinea, why? well.... I digress, but actually, all my life I've subscribed to Madonna's preventative for tinea, and I've showered in some pretty yucky places, and it's worked like a charm... what is it??.... see end of this post for the magic secret...

But my itchy feet are of the 'fuck I really want to travel' kind. I found out yesterday that I can literally waltz into the UK and work... and then there's the Doha Asia Games job that I've applied for also... hmmm... I feel I've gotten to that place again after almost 6 years of being settled here in Melb's town, of really wanting to feel 30,000 feet of airspace under my feet and the smell of avgas up my nose..[you know that great smell that you only have at airports?? yeah, that smell!]... I feel like so many chapters have come to a close lately here in Melb's. So many endings after endings and all of them wonderfully natural, organic endings, not the bitter & twisted kind, but just the end of a chapter in a book, where all the plotlines have been threaded up neatly, conclusions fully revealed and love wins out in the end or something like that... yes it's the book of MY LIFE ;-) .... [fuck me, one's birthday puts one in the contemplative mood for sure...]

They say that life moves in 7 year cycles, and the last time I felt this was back in 1999 in San Francisco, about 7 years ago. And this time I can almost feel the stumps pulling themselves up out of the ground... How am I feeling?? Happy, excited & relieved that boredom is receding... tonight in Melb's the wind is blowing a fierce howling gale around my cosy little pod, and on its wings I can smell other places, other towns, new countries ...

**And how does Madonna keep herself tinea-free?? She PEES on her feet everytime she showers... ;-) Yes, it's true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home