I've been practising various forms of yoga for the last 12 years or so. I've tried nearly all of them with various results. This form of yoga is so incredibly effective & healing that I'm becoming a serious devotee. There's a lot of controversy around Bikram due to various reasons that I won't go into here - I kind of ignored all that and wanted to see for myself what effect the technique would have on me - and what an effect! In the 12 months of practising Bikram:
- I've lost nearly 7 kilos (15 pounds).
- Gained flexibility in my lower back which has been tight for years.
- Am starting to see my ab's!! Yes, I have ab's!! Visible ab's!!
- Haven't been sick (except for a short bout of hayfever that lasted 2 days) or seen a doctor.
- Increased my lung capacity by double.
- The tendonitis in my right wrist has disappeared.
- The mild arthritis from an old broken bone in my left wrist has also disappeared.
- I'm healthier & fitter than I've ever been in my whole life - seriously!
- Achieved alot of very tangible detoxing: emotional, mental & physical.
- I'm calmer, deal with stress better & am generally a happier puppy than I've been in a long time.
- Have been jumping up & punching the sky with greater frequency.
In November I'm gearing up for 30 days straight of yoga for the whole month. Its going to be interesting to see if I can do it, will keep you posted. Maybe I could do a blog entry a day and keep track of my progress - hmmm...
Stormweava signing off - a happy little yogini is she!!