Sunday, February 13, 2005

Valentine's Day for the Post Modernist (bitter & twisted)

Ahh... here it is again. Valentine's Day. I remember last Valentine's day I spent the entire day (sulking) trying to convince my (then) beloved (now Ex) that it was a day that was important to me. A quaint ritual I observed, something I cared about and maybe he cared about it too. But no. He said it was a 'commercial exercise in consumerism' etc. etc. And he wouldn't get involved in any such hoo-haa for it would make us a stereotypical 'couple'. I feel that many of us post-modernist women get fed this line alot, but now I know the truth is that the first time you hear this line, you gotta believe peoples, that the deconstructivist, post-post-modernist, reality of it all is that he just don't give a flying fuckerooni. Yep. Sorry, to be a realistic bitcherooni, and I'm really letting my bitterness show here, but he simply just doesn't care if he says this, because its just an excuse to hide his own apathy about the relationship that he is currently in. There I've said it. Got that out on my blog for the entire world to see (or the 4 special people who visit my blog a day... does anyone read this shit anyway?? Post a comment you fuckers!!) Anyway, this V-day I'm off to the pub with the girls to deconstruct my (gorgeous) ass. Love & Other Stupidities, Stormi (a hitch-hiker on the street of love). xxx

4 Comments:

Blogger LadyCracker said...

Hi Stormie

Check LC today for your contribution to the world at large

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sean M Whelan said...

Love is a dog from hell.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at the pub.
My ex do not believe in giving diamonds - he said it's just a polished charcoal :-O

3:19 AM  
Blogger Meri quoteth: said...

I did! So who the hell are you mnky??

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home