Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Film: The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

I loved this movie! So WELL DONE. It's been awhile since I've been so engaged by a film that I forgot about the popcorn that we dropped on the floor as the lights dimmed (a whole one third of the container!). This film is one of my tops for the year. It's got everything, great plot, good story telling, great acting, cinemaphotography, characterization, sub-plots EVERYTHING! I didn't think I'd be this satisfied by a film like this, I thought it would have too much violence for me, but it was all in context and all done with a heart of gold.

Tommy Lee is great & this is his directorial debut. The film was shot on his ranch in Texas and features his own very, very cute horse. There's a great scene at the end of the film when he's riding away on a mule and his horse whinnies & looks longingly after him. You can't train a horse to do that, it was so natural that it made the eternal horsey-girl inside me cry.

10/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home