Sunday, July 09, 2006

Are you Bookish?

Hello there groovers... I had this idea that wouldn't go away, you know one of those ideas that wakes you up in the middle of the night and won't leave you alone until you write it down?

I realised that as a writers we all need some kind of community, but writers are usually a solitary lot and the usual book groups are either too dull or too structured. And on the other end of the scale there are overly-educated cliques that geeks like myself just can't be effing bothered with. I personally am allergic to any clique-ish group-mind mentality. Makes me puke.

So I thought wouldn't it be nice to just have an organic, amorphous group of people who get together & hang just like I do with my mates? We go see films, we drink wine, we talk shit, spout Woody Allen quotes etc. Why not invite more people in?

Hmmm.. definitely an idea.

So as an experiment in amorphous community I have launched Bookish..

Love you & the rocketship you rode in on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home