Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Yoga Experiment: 30 Day Challenge

Today is the 31st of October, tomorrow on the 1st of November I start the 30 day yoga challenge - 30 days of doing one 90-minute Bikram class per day. I'm feeling quite trepidatious, a bit nervous and a bit like: can I really do this? Well, I'm going to give it my best shot.

I've done some incredibly challenging [and sometimes incredibly stupid!] things in my life that at the time seemed just too hard, or felt like I'd bit off more than I could chew [eg. going on the Everest Base Camp trek completely unfit & unprepared, or, getting a job at the Comm Games that entailed 6am starts and sometimes 12 hour days] BUT with all of these challenges, even though at the time I questioned my wisdom, at the end of the journey it was SO worth it because I'd challenged myself to do what I thought I couldn't do, and I did it. And this is the way that we as human beings really grow - we need to challenge ourselves.

I don't want to project too much into the future into predicting how I will go, I just want to explore the potential of not only my body & my health, but my whole being. I'm sure there will be lots of physical, emotional and mental challenges - not to mention the need to go to work 9-to-5, Monday-to-Friday at the same time! But I am ready for this adventure of discovery and exploration of my potential.

Go go yogini power!!

Love Stormi xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home