Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yoga freakin' at 6am

So today I did something I've never done before... I got up at 4.45am & hopped on my bike & rode to a 6am yoga class which went for 90mins and then I rode my bike to work. Was a bit of a weird, slightly surreal experience, but it felt good to get up before dawn just when the birds started singing. And being summer, the sky is lightening right at this time... The world at this time of day is totally different, the air smells like far away places, like India, like travel.

My body felt so different doing morning yoga, really floppy and lacking edges, like I wasn't fully in it yet. At the end of the class I fell asleep on the floor - and woke with a start thinking I gotta get to work now! This could be a lifestyle change. Getting in tune with one's body is an amazing experience - and my brain is working better also.

Time for bed.

Stormi over & out, xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home