Saturday, June 25, 2005
Friday, June 17, 2005
oh my god(dess)...
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Originally uploaded by stormweava.
Art by Christopher Buklow - an American artist who makes photographs out of natural sunlight. He takes silhouettes of figures, traces around them on a tin plate and punches holes through for light to come through and exposes it onto photo paper... or something like that...
... is a great book by Tom Spanbauer and I ordered it special from the US as you can't buy it here in Oz. Such an amazing book, I'm not even through it yet and I'm going slow so as to savour it... here is an excerpt:
... my own first truth was this: fucking was the same way as with anything else- what you thought you were doing was not what you were doing. What you thought you were doing was sucking and penetrating and kissing, holding, and ejaculating. What you were doing, though, was telling a story.
First off, thing is, you got to know you got a story. Then you got to have to tell it. Knowing how to tell your story good is important, but the secret to good fucking is how well you can listen. Fucking only gets good when the two stories start being the same story - the human-being sex story - when the two bodies stop being two bodies and start being the big excruciating, the one heart beating.
... Good fucking is bartering, wrestling, swapping tales back and forth, and telling lies til you get to the truth.
Go to Amazon & order!! (Click post title for Amazon link) Or I just ordered it from my local independent bookstore...
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
More cat dreams...
I pick it up and see that it has a little note around its neck: "Please look after me." I notice that the kitten has patchy fur and is covered in little black fleas. I say to the kitten:
"I will have to wash you & you won't like that."
But the kitten likes me & purrs loudly. The kitten is a strange tan/coffee-with-milk colour, like an egyptian cat. It looks right at me and we develop an instant bond.
To get really Jungian, maybe the kitten is a symbol of my inner-child? Is she neglected and covered in little black fleas? I will have to wash my inner child and put some of that Advantage stuff on her.
Or is this my subconscious telling me to get another cat? Hmmm... I'm not over grieving for the last one yet, so that will have to bear that some serious consideration.
Stormi out. xxx
The Single Girls Guide to Surviving a Melbourne Winter
2. > Good books! Anything by Chuck Palahnuik or ...
3. > Good soups: organic potato & leak soup; anything lentil; anything bean feast - YUMBLES!
4. > Massage: Shiatsu / Swedish or Foot.
5. > A good heater - I currently possess a kick-arse radiant heater that heats up my room in 15mins. Am thinking of getting a timer on it so that it starts up before I get out of bed in the morning.
6. > Good friends and a high quality red wine.
7. > A furry pet - ie. cat or small cute dog or small man.
8. > Your own creativity.
9. > Crappy TV to lull your mind into a state of complacency ie. Big Brother or Super Nanny (I can't believe they took so long to think of that show! - I mean it seems so obvious to me. Go and tell people how to raise their kids, the one thing our society needs sorting out.)
10. > I've run out of ideas... anyone??
Love is.. (part 1)
A beautifully excruciating pain/pleasure thingie.
A monkey on my back that's sucking my spinal fluid.
A glass splinter in my foot that I can't see but by its pain I know its there.
A huge elastic energy bubble bursting forth from my chest.
An alien sitting under my rib cage waiting to hatch in a bloody mess.
I ... love ... you.